Skip to main content
Schedule a Tour
Schedule a Tour
Frequently Asked Questions at Emerald Park Apartments
1. What will you do to prepare my apartment before I move in?
We will continue to make any and all necessary repairs and cleaning to the apartment prior to your move in date.
2. Do you have on-site maintenance?
Yes, we have 24-hour standby maintenance to address emergency calls.
3. An item in my unit needs repair. How do I get help?
You can submit a maintenance request in your Resident Services account or call the office with your request as well.
4. How are maintenance issues handled?
Maintenance issues are handled in the order in which they are received with any emergency maintenance needs taking precedence.
5. Do I have to be present for a service technician to perform work?
No, If you prefer to be, that is fine, but maintenance can perform the work without you present.
6. What happens if I am locked out?
If locked out, you can call either the leasing office or the standby maintenance phone and once identification is verified, we will unlock your door for you.
7. Am I allowed to decorate the apartment without penalty?
Yes, we encourage residents to make their apartment feel like home as long as there are no permanent modifications being done.
1. What amenities does the property offer?
Swimming pool with large sundeck, carports, and 24-hour emergency maintenance
2. During which time periods are the pools and decks available for use?
Normal operation hours for the community pool are between Memorial Day and Labor Day from 10am - Dusk.
3. Is parking available?
While there is no assigned parking, there is plenty of parking available at each building with reserved carports available on a first come, first serve basis.
4. Where are the washer and dryer/hookups?
Each of our apartments come with a stackable washer and dryer installed.
5. Is your community pet friendly?
Yes, we allow dogs and cats in select buildings.
6. What are the fees associated with having pets?
There is a $150.00 non refundable pet fee due at time of move in and $20.00 a month for pet rent.
7. Are there weight or breed restrictions on pets?
There are breed and weight restrictions for dogs, you may contact the leasing office for more details.
8. Is there a pet park?
There is no pet park at Emerald Park, however, there are several close by the community.
9. What appliances are standard?
Apartments come with a gas range, refrigerator, dishwasher and stackable washer and dryer
10. Do you offer furnished apartments?
We do not, but we do work closely with a furniture rental company.
11. Do you offer Short Term leases?
We are able to offer lease terms from 6-15 months.
12. Do you offer Corporate leases?
13. If I have a package delivered, will you hold it at the leasing office?
Due to COVID-19 we will no longer be able to accept packages in our office.
14. Are there building quiet hours or fees for using communal spaces?
There are no set quiet hours but at all times we ask our residents to be courteous to their neighbors.
1. Does it cost anything to take a tour?
There is no cost to take a tour, though we do ask that you have your picture identification present for verification purposes.
2. Do I have to make an appointment or do you accept walk-ins?
Appointments are encouraged, though, not necessary. Walk-ins are welcome.
3. How accessible is the management at the local office?
Our Property Managers are always accessible to our residents.
4. How do I apply for an apartment?
Applications are on our website.
5. How long does it take for an application to be approved?
We will verify information and have the results within 24 hours.
6. How much will I pay in up-front costs when I sign the lease?
Security deposit, Administrative Fee, and rent will be prorated from the date of move in.
7. Is there any specific advice you can give to a first-time renter?
Our Leasing Consultants are happy to provide any information for first-time renters.
8. What are my options for paying my rent?
WIPS, by mail, and through your Resident Services account where you can set up one time payments and enroll in auto pay.
9. How do I pay my rent online?
Through your Resident Services Account under the payments tab.
10. Are there any monthly fees?
There are additional fees for Internet service, Dish Network and carports.
11. Am I required to purchase renter's insurance?
You are not required to purchase renters insurance, though it is encouraged.
12. Which utilities are included in my rent?
Included utilities are the gas for cooking, heating, and hot water. Trash removal and sewer services are included as well.
13. How do I set up my utilities?
You will set up your electricity through Consumers Energy.
14. Which provider can I use for Internet and cable?
We offer a wide variety of TV and Internet options through Bloom Broadband.
15. Does this community offer a bonus if I was referred by one of my friends?
There are no promotional bonuses offered.
16. What are the policies about guests?
Residents are allowed to have as many guests as they feel. Residents are responsible for their guests actions.
17. Can I get a price reduction if I sign a longer lease or pay for rent a year in advance?
All of our rates are pre-determined and non-negotiable.
18. If I transfer from one apartment community to another, will my security deposit transfer to the new community or do I need to pay another security deposit to the new community?
Security deposits do not transfer between apartments.
19. Will I be allowed to sublet my apartment?
Subleasing is prohibited per the signed lease agreement.
20. What fees will I need to pay if I have to break my lease?
We have a Cancellation Premium that you can pay at the time you give your move-out notice. The cost of the Cancellation Premium will vary from unit to unit.
1. Is there public transportation within close proximity of the buildings?
Emerald Park is conveniently located along the public bus route with a bus stop just outside the community entrance.
2. What is your community nearby?
Beaches, shopping, restaurants, and parks
3. Which school district are you in?
4. How far away is the nearest dog park?
5. Are there bike trails nearby?
6. Where do residents shop?
Meijer, Walmart, Kohl's
7. What's the name of the nearest coffee shop and how far is it from the property?
Biggby Coffee is 1.4 miles away
1. How do I get to your community?
I-94 Exit 29, M-139, Nickerson, Union
2. What's the nearest cross street?
Napier Avenue and Nickerson Avenue
for More Information
Floor Plan Assistant
Close Floor Plan Assistant Popup
Floor Plan Assistant
What's the best floor plan for me?
Let's get started!
Go to top
- 6 PM
- 6 PM
- 6 PM
- 6 PM
- 6 PM
- 4 PM
Sunday: By Appointment
Emerald Park Apartments
2210 East Cork Street